Thursday, January 31, 2008

Supplies

So all of today was spent running around town, running errands and getting supplies. I mailed off all of this weeks sales from Etsy. After that, I ran uptown to the place where I buy my gemstones and got completely robbed.

My first time there (last time), I had been worried about the prices, but when I got up to the register, they gave me a bit of a break. So, today, I was expecting similar. Nope. I'm pretty sure this guy even charged me double on the Herkimer Diamond I bought. I was not happy. I'm going to look for another gem shop. My other option is to go in and only buy when I see that this weaselly little guy from today isn't there. Well, I did get the stuff that after I finish this next batch of custom vials, that I can make a Unicorn and a Mermaid themed vial.

Then I ran up to Central Park and collected some organic materials; particularly some hawthorn wood for a vial I'm working on. While I was there I also found some absolutely tiny pine cones.

After that, I went down to the fabric district and picked up new cording to hang my vials on. They photograph so much better when I can hang them on a cord from the reading lamp. Plus, I think it's a nice thing to include when selling pendants.

So, supplies are restocked, and hopefully tomorrow, I'll be back in production!

No comments: