Saturday, May 3, 2008

Derby Day

I always watch the Triple Crown races. I have ever since I was a little girl. So, just for that, I thought I'd put up a special feature for the Kentucky Derby today.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

There's so much amazing horse art, I can't even begin to cover it all. Because of my own financial limitations, I'll be skipping over the several hundred dollar artworks; though there are some amazing paintings in that range. In fact, regardless of price range (after viewing over 275 pages under "horse") there's just too much to possibly hope to cover.

However, one Etsy Seller stood out as something very different from everything else I saw. Morris Pottery has several pieces featuring somewhat primitive horses - some remind me of cave paintings in some ways, though others remind me of old Chinese calligraphy paintings. Their horses adorn wonderfully original and functional plates, mugs, bowls, etc. Definitely not least, considering the craftsmanship, the prices are extremely reasonable.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this pot.
Nice blog you have.