Monday, February 22, 2010

Whoopsie-Daisies

Last week was a weird week. On a personal note, I just resubmitted a fresh resume to a new temp agency, since I'm still fighting with my last agency over a $100 check from NOVEMBER. In all fairness, I did get the check (in January) where it promptly bounced. Twice. I even got the $20 check reimbursing me for the bouncing fees. Just not my actual paycheck yet.

Oh, and after some interest written to me on etsy and DeviantArt, I decided to order a couple of sets of Sterling Silver ear wires and try making some Magic Vial Earring sets. I don't have pierced ears, so I can't wear most earrings, but there's been interest so I'll give it a go and see if there will be buyers.

Nothing yet, though, still waiting for the delivery of the ear wires (with some extra new sterling silver wire and maybe something else in there as well.)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

So on to the gratuitous plugging of etsy sellers!

By the way, I did buy some earrings as a gift for a friend just a few weeks ago, so I think I'll plug that seller, as I was very pleased with what I had bought.

Funny Sky has 30 pages of goodies! It took me a while to pick out just the right ones for this friend (needed something that looked sharp and pointy and was red, with hypoallergenic, nickel-free ear wires). So, I bought a pair of the origami crane earrings pictured left.

They were brightly colored, well made, well packaged and bigger than I had imagined. They are one of those "so cute" kind of items that I would wear them if I wore earrings. They were also only $5.00! And while there are many other shapes besides just cranes (just happens to be a favorite of mine) and the shop is not exclusively earrings, there are 145 entries under the "origami crane" section, so there is plenty of variety so you can find just the right color and pattern!

The only thing I would note, however. Is that there is no location listed on the shop page, so do be aware that they are shipping from Asia and to expect a bit more of a wait in the mail because of this. Otherwise, a very highly recommended seller!

No comments: