Friday, March 21, 2008

Touchdown!

So,here in Seattle; and because A'maelamin is at work, and forgot to leave his keys behind, I'm a bit more house-bound for the day than I expected.

Side note, on the flight over, I did the bizarre and irrational act of watching The Langoliers. Why? I asked myself that, as I flipped channels, checking if there wasn't anything else on (wasn't) - WHY are you doing such a thing?

In other news, I've been blog-tagged.

Wyatt's Magic Wagon decided to share the love and give me my first blog-tag.

5 Things that someone might not know about me:

1. I have invested more energy in learning Tolkien Elvish than I did in six years of Spanish class.

2. I have a thing about climbing trees. Whenever I go someplace new, I have to climb a tree. There are pictures of me in trees in Rome, in China, in upstate New York, in Mississippi, in Seattle... I had such a climbing (also extended to buildings) habit that one of my nicknames in college was "Spider Monkey."

3. Ever since I was a 'tween, the three things I've really wanted to experience in life were skydiving, bungee-jumping and hang gliding. The closest I've come to any is indoor skydiving in Pigeon Forge, TN.

4. While working with some children in northern China, a group of girls decided to give me a Chinese name. They named me "Mei Gui," which means "Rose." This was extremely eerie/spooky, because, my Mom has always called me "her rose." The name/symbol has a lot of meaning for me.

5. If I lived on my ruling planet, I would be about 117 years old and weigh roughly 78 lbs. I dare you to go look up your own conversion.

Now, the price of this tagging is that I have to tag 5 people. I'll edit this post in a minute after I've gone and tagged those 5.

If you have been tagged, you need to write on your blog, "5 things someone may not know about you," and then tag five more people.

1. DharmaDesigns
2. RainbowMom
3. Athena's Armoury
4. Fairies Nest
5. The Far Grove

And just so you folks know. I've done one now. It was fun enough, but that's it. Not going to be one of "those blogs." One's enough, at least for the next 6-12 months.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

And because I refuse to break form!

Due to my bad choice of watching a Stephen King mini-series about people on a plane, while being a person on a plane, I searched etsy's Horror tags. I had actually never looked through the horror tag before; and I'm glad I actually did. There's a lot of cute and poppy kind of horror, and enough Cthulu stuff to require it's own post, but there's some really fascinating things that I've just been missing altogether!

Ugly Teddy gets the gold today with the most un-cutesy plushies I think I've ever seen. 0_o'

To be perfectly honest, I don't even really know how to talk about Ugly Teddy's creations. I can just post a picture of the one I thought was the most jarring and suggest you go see for yourself.

1 comment:

FairiesNest said...

Oh my, that is freakishly scary!