Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Running Away with my Mind

It's just been one of those weeks. Maybe I can blame the whether, but focus has not been readily at hand.

I've also been giving in to brain-soothing addictions while at work, rather than fitting in my on-line marketing like I normally try to do, in those brief, fleeting gaps during the day.

I have gotten endlessly addicted to Facebook Scrabble, as a way to calm myself if the day gets to stressful.

I also continue to be endlessly fixated on Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab oil blends.

AND, it is summer, and I've been working in my garden (thinking of bringing back my Chocolate Mint Vanilla Sugar scrub from last year).

Also, this weekend hoping down to D.C. to see an old High School buddy and go see Dream Theater and Queensryche in concert.

Then Labor Day weekend (my birthday!) I'm going to Dragon-Con in Atlanta.

Between the two, I hope to fit in a day at the Brooklyn Indie Market (more on that once I've confirmed a table/kiosk).

So yes. . . bad, bad, naughty, slacking elfing!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

So, since I've been such a derelict blogger, let's see if we can't turn some of my recent fixations into Etsy plugs.

Hmmm, scrabble on etsy?

Now, there's more scrabble tile pendants on Etsy than you can shake a stick at, but I was thinking something more dealing with the game, itself.

Susan Alison Art actually caught my attention in the pages and PAGES of "scrabble" results. It's a cute print taking a variation off Dogs Playing Poker and Dogs Playing Pool. Here we have Dogs (all dogs in her work are Border Collies - they are supposed to be very smart!) Playing Scrabble! Super cute print.


1 comment:

Athena's Armoury said...

Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab looks like I can get lost in it for a while.

Dream Theater and Queensryche in concert together?! My man would be there in a heartbeat. Those are two of his all time favorite bands (along with Rush, of course).

We were thinking about going to Dragon-Con this year, but it's just not going to make it into the budget. Have fun!!