Friday, September 25, 2009

Time to . . .

Oh, nice day today! I haven't had any physical discomfort or pain, and I'm not on any pain medications anymore, either! I'm also no longer feeling dizzy or blurry if I sit or stand upright for a couple of hours. Still not going to push the "no lifting/no aerobic activity" ban for another solid week, and still gotta take my antibiotics, but I'm starting to feel more like me again.

What does this mean to any of you? Well it means I'll finally start getting back on my metaphorical feet and getting back to work on Izile's Oddities!

We've all had those times, whether it be some medical procedure, a bad car wreck that left us stiff for weeks, or a horrible illness that we just couldn't shake. It makes even the simplest of tasks seem overwhelming and physically taxing - even if they're not really physical at all. But man, when you start to really shake it off and feel *good* again (if you can avoid the mental stress and panic of "OMG! I'm so far behind! I've got so much to do! I have to I have to I have to NOW NOW NOW!! AHHHH!!!!") you start to get those itchy fingers that want to create.

That's about where I am. I've got some custom necklaces I need to complete, and I know my shop stock is greatly depleted. I also have an oil painting that I had started about a month ago that I keep looking at.

I won't be able to just throw myself into it with wild abandon, because a girl still needs to pay her bills, and I have little temporary jobs on Saturday and Monday night and Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday morning. Who knows, my last temp job was to bartend at a new designer's launch party. One of these might provide some interesting inspiration. .. and if not, they'll at least provide money for new supplies :-).

So, here's to getting up, dusting myself off, and starting again.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Strange inspiration for the plug today. Listening to Imogen Heap's new album, and I love the song "Little Bird." It reminds me, seems like in another life, of probably my all time favorite term of endearment anyone ever used on me: "Song Bird."

Little Doodles of London just struck me as I flipped through the birds of Etsy. All 16 listed prints in her shop are the sweetest (pun, depending on print) little birds. It was actually hard to pick just one as a favorite, so I definitely suggest if you like the picture here, you go and check out the other 15! I, of course, chose the "Choccie Birds," as I can definitely relate to claiming a favored chocolate candy!

2 comments:

Athena's Armoury said...

Glad to hear you're feeling better! Hang in there, chica.

Baroness Bijoutery said...

I'm so happy you are on the mend and almost back to your old self..Take care