Sunday, November 29, 2009

Between the Holidays

I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving, and had a good Black Friday, or as I call it sometimes, "Stay-Inside-If-You-Know-What's-Good-For-You day" Not very capitalist of me, I know, but I just wouldn't leave the house for that mess unless I absolutely had to.

Now, that doesn't mean I didn't do any ON-LINE Black Friday shopping. Mua-ha! It's a lot less of a headache to fight for bandwidth in your bathrobe and fuzzy slippers for 50% off deals.

I've made the point on my other, more personal blogs (like on my DeviantArt profile) that I'm going to actually shut down Izile's Oddities during my holiday vacation this year. I will be temporary putting my shop on hold starting December 13th, and it won't reopen until probably right around New Years, 2010.

Just keep that in mind if you've been wanting to get anything for Christmas, or especially if you wanted to request any custom Magic Vial Pendants, sooner is better than later. I haven't put an exact date on when I'll stop taking custom orders for the holidays, but obviously, if you contact me on December 12th wanting a custom order, it's probably not going to happen.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

To start getting into the mood of the upcoming season, I decided I wanted to feature this piece by Stephanie Thomas Berry. It's entitled "The Jewels of Winter Shimmering" and is a print of her original pastel painting.

In particular, I like the pallet of this piece, but most of her works express a very vibrant array of color, and a saturation of hue that really appeals to the imagination. At 8.5 x 11, this is one of her smaller prints, and there are larger options available in other paintings at her etsy shop. Beautiful work!

2 comments:

K. Nice said...

We think alike when it comes to "I wouldn't venture out if you paid me Friday" :) I wanted to let you know, I’ve chosen your site as a Best Site for ME. I don’t know if you have received this one before, but I enjoy visiting your blog and wanted to give you a shout out with this “Best Blog Award.” So if you like, drop by at my site and retrieve your award and feel free to pass along the love! Congratulations! (and thanks for the shout out to me :D )

By the way I added your link too…

Unknown said...

"Izile's Oddities" has been included in a special edition Christmas Gift Sites To See. I hope this helps to attract more new customers for you.

http://asthecrackerheadcrumbles.blogspot.com/2009/12/christmas-gift-sites-to-see_12.html