Saturday, December 12, 2009

Shop Vacation

So, it's official! I just put Izile's Oddities on vacation until 1/2/2010. Today would have been the last day I could have shipped anything out before my flight.

I do hope you all will have a Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukah, Blessed Solstice, Yule, Festivus for the Rest'of'us, or any other holiday you may be celebrating this season.

I will leave you with one last Etsy seller recommendation for 2009; and may 2010 be better to us all.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

As a kid, I always got excited when we were sent those giant tubs of tri-flavored popcorn. It wasn't Christmas to me, if we weren't all divvying up the popcorn while playing boardgames.

A couple of years ago, I actually used etsy as a way to recreate this gift for a couple of people, and found - wow, the variety! Forget the old stale "it's cheese flavor because it's neon orange"
popcorn; etsy has a few gourmet distributors!

Flutterby Popcorn was the food-artist I used; and they did not disappoint!

I had gotten a couple of sampler sets, to not only get the traditional cheesy popcorn, but to try some of their more unusual combinations. Out of those, I think my favorite is the Caramel Apple popcorn bag, a blend of caramel corn and popcorn coated in a green apple flavoring. I personally like to mix a little extra of their caramel corn into my caramel apple mix for extra caramel-i-ness.

I am also told that the Cajun Cheese blend is quite pleasantly zesty!

2 comments:

Patrice-The Soap Seduction said...

Happy Holidays to you:)

That popcorn looks delish!

AWJ said...

Merry Christmas! Have a wonderful day. :)