Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Beachcombing

So, I've finished my first seaside experiment! My Coney Island pendant, made from a shell found in the surf, coated in gold leaf, with a large, round white pearl hung down in the middle.

This is also my first pendant where I've actually assembled a chain to go with the pendant (somehow, a brown cotton slide cord just didn't seem right with this piece). I'm quite happy with it!

Next I'll tackle some of the thin mother of pearl "coins" that I found in the tide.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Hollee Jewelry Art is my pick for the day, having several pieces that popped up when I searched "Coney Island" on etsy.

In her own words, "I grew up in Brooklyn, New York right by the beach, and to this day, I try not to live further than 20 minutes from the ocean. My love of the water permeates my designs. I especially love incorporating Coney Island, Mermaid and Hula Girl themes and motifs." Sounds good to me!

This pin, in fact, is one of my favorites. It really captures the style and attitude of Coney island in a tiny altered image that you can clip on and wear with you anywhere!

3 comments:

Isabella said...

I love this necklace, it is so elegant.

storybeader said...

your experiment works! I looks great!

Unknown said...

Great necklace!