Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Rain, Rain, Go Away . . .

Seriously, rain, and cold, moreso cold, the rain I wouldn't care about quite so much if it were over 75' outside, GO AWAY! It's the middle of May, you have no business being dark, wet AND cold!

*grumbles* The elfling does not do well without copious amounts of sun and warmth, particularly after a long, bitter, winter. Not to mention that I'm very worried for the garden I just planted. Last year my garden was almost a complete bust, because summer just DIDN'T HAPPEN in NYC in '09. Tomatoes rotted, fat and green on the vine, because there wasn't enough sun or heat to get them to rippen. My hot peppers, what few produced, were as mild as sweet red bells. I just can't deal with another summer like that. I will lose my everloving mind if May goes and October comes and summer gives NYC the miss - AGAIN.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I typed in "Rain Go Away" into the etsy search engine and actually got two pages of results - and some cute stuff, too!

This little guy is my favorite, though: a handmade mouse with leaf umbrella from Myco Bocek Studios. She calls them "pom pom" creatures and says they are mostly between 5 and 6 inches tall. Besides the uber-cute bunnies, mice and squirrels, she also has a couple of birds, a skunk and even a miniature elephant. Each item has a lot of personality and its own little theme. Very worth the look if you're a fan of felty-cuteness.

1 comment:

storybeader said...

that is real sweat! Here's some sun dust, blown your way...