Sunday, June 20, 2010

Wow. What a Week!

Busy, busy week! First, Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there!

Secondly, yesterday was Mermaid Parade at Coney Island! Wooo! Here's a picture of me and my roommate, we marched with Princess Sunshine and her Resurrection Army!

Over on DA I half-joked about wanting to run a special contest. Find pictures of me and my roommate from the internet (that I haven't already found, I've got 3 so far form flickr, the rest from a friend's Iphone) and get 10% off for each picture you find. Of course, I don't think anyone would be willing to take on that challenge! Just try and type in "mermaid parade" into flickr and see what happens! That, and I'd have to keep running tallies of all the pictures already found,
otherwise, everyone would keep submitting the same 3 pictures. I know, I'm just being a bit lazy. All that posing for cameras every minute or so, I'm anxious for some payoff!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Not much in the way of entries on etsy from "mermaid parade" but "mermaid" has a ton!

The first thing that caught my eye was Contrived to Charm's Hand-tooled, mermaid waist cincher. It's hard to tell in this head-on shot, but in the listing there's a tiny detail shot that shows the beautiful blue-green and silver-shimmer color of this belt. It is NOT the slightly shiny blackish brown it appears to be in this picture. Though, you can request this belt in two other color patterns, including "Dragon" (for black and red) and "Peacock" (for blue/purple and green).

Her shop is full of various kinds of these wide belts and waist cinchers in a great selection of colors, patterns and designs. Definitely worth the peek!

2 comments:

Kristin Aquariann said...

You and your roommate look awesome! That mermaid waist cincher is amazing. Thanks for sharing; Contrived to Charm has stolen my most recent heart.

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Some friends of mine went to the mermaid parade and shared some wonderful photos - look like it was a great time!