Monday, March 7, 2011

Happy Mardi Gras!


So tomorrow is Fat Tuesday and then onto Ash Friday. It's Mardi Gras!

I don't exactly have anything that would be a good offering from my shop, but in tribute to the Green and Gold and Purple of Mardi Gras, I'm going to go with Magic Vial - Lil Deep Earth (pictured). The "gold" is brass wire, and the "purple" is a much more pinkish-red tea tree flower, but it's hard to be greener than pure Malachite!

Regardless of where you find yourself this season, even for those of us long away from N'awlins, float parades, big bands and flying beads and Moon Pies, Happy Mardi Gras!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I can already hear some of you out there querying, "Moon Pie?"

Old crowd chant (my family lived briefly in Mobile, AL) for Mardi Gras parades. "Moon Pie! Moon Pie! Come to me! M-O-O-N, P-I-E!"

They're basically giant, soft, sandwich cookies filled with marshmallow cream and then dunked in chocolate; and they get thrown from the floats just like bead strands (no flashing necessary!)

Searching "Moon Pie" on etsy was interesting, I guess I'm happily surprised to even see one page of entries.

For satisfying that Moon Pie craving without all the sugar, For Goodness Grape makes an adorable looking/sounding Moon Pie Lip Candy with shea butter.
And if Chocolate and marshmallow isn't your thing, she has over 11 pages of various products ranging from other shea butter lip balms to soild perfume sticks and more variants than I can even start to list! Definitely worth taking the time to browse.

1 comment:

OLLIE MCKAY'S ~ A Chic Boutique said...

Really love your magic vials!! Have bookmarked your Etsy site also! This one here ~ The Lil Deep Earth ~ is great!